Chicken Stir Fry
Prep time: 8 minutes, cook time: 10 minutes, total time: 18 minutes. Servings: 4
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast: 1 lb; cut into 1-inch cubes
- Olive Oil: 2 tbsp, divided into 2
- Broccoli: 2 cups
- Red Bell Pepper: 1/2 pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Baby Carrots: 1/2 cup, sliced
- Ginger: 2 tsp, minced
- Garlic: 2 cloves, minced
- Stir Fry sauce
- Corn Starch: 1tbsp
- Cold Water: 2 tbsp
- Chicken Broth: ¼ cup
- Soy Sauce: 3 tbsp
- Honey: ¼ cup
- Sesame Oil: 1 tbsp
- Chili Flakes: ½ tbsp
- Salt And Pepper: To taste
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Add remaining ingredients (chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame oil, red pepper flakes) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet or wok and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken (in batches if necessary) and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, just until crisp tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Whisk stir fry sauce and pour over chicken and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and let boil for one minute.
- Serve with rice and/or chow mien if desired.