Butter Garlic Tofu & Mushrooms
Prep time: 10 minutes. Cook time: 15-20 minutes. Servings: 4
- Tofu: 1 cup, cubed
- Bell Pepper: Half, chopped
- Mushrooms: 4-5, chopped
- Garlic: 5-6 cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Butter: 1/3 – 1/2 cup (Sub with dairy-free butter to make it vegan!)
- Salt, Pepper, Cayenne Pepper: To taste
- Sesame Seeds (Optional): To taste
- At medium heat add olive oil, after a few minutes add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper to the pan.
- After frying the onions, and bell peppers till they appear tender, add the tofu, and butter, mushrooms and fry them.
- Add pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Allow the spices to seep in and cook for about 15- 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with rice and/or chow mien if desired.